The core functions of the Board are as summarized below:
- To plan and develop water services infrastructure
- To own and manage water and sanitation related assets
- Develop and license Water Service Providers (WSPs) as agents responsible for actual provision of water and sanitation services to consumers
- Build capacity of Community Based Organizations (CBOs) engaged in water provision to access funding from Water Services Trust Fund (WSTF) and other Agencies
- Collaborate with all stakeholders both within and outside water sector to mobilize finances and provide related social infrastructure which include health and hygiene.
- Regulate activities of other actors in the water and sanitation sector in LVSWSB region.
WATER SERVICE PROVIDERS
LVSWSB as part of its core functions develops and enters into service provision agreements with Water Service providers as agents of the Board. These are the LVSWSB contracted WSPs